I have a BIG challenge for you today!
Time to keep track of how much time you spend on technology in an average day.
That means how much time you spend on your phone, on your computer, watching TV, on your iPad, etc.
There are apps you can download on your devices to track how long you're using them or you can do it the old fashioned way and use a timer whenever you sit down at your computer, pick up your phone or turn on the television. But don't let this change your habits... yet.
At the end of the day, right before you go to sleep and turn everything off, add the time together.
If you're like most people, you've just spent 8-10 hours staring at some sort of screen. Kind of scary if you think about it like this, right?
No wonder we all have aches and pains, headaches, eye strain, and anxiety these days and start hurting younger and younger. HSPs are especially prone to these issues.
Since you're getting your number of hours at the end of the day, start tomorrow by journaling or thinking about these questions:
1. Were you surprised by your number of hours spent on technology in an average day?
2. What type of technology were you on the most? Social media on your phone? Watching TV? etc.
3. What was the most productive time (writing a blog?) and the least productive time (going back on Facebook for the 849349 time?) using technology?
4. What is something you could have been doing instead but didn't because you were bingeing or scrolling?
5. Did this exercise make you more aware of how often you use technology?
Comment below and share your answers or post your thoughts on social media! Don't forget to tag me so I can follow along your journey... @findyourmagichsp #hsptechfree